I am a successful supervisor and examiner of PhD’s and welcome proposals for PhD research in areas aligned to my research interests. I have significant experience in programme development, delivery and examination at postgraduate and doctoral levels in public administration including MPA’s and DPA’s. Much of my prior teaching experience has included engaging with employers, such as Academi Wales, City of Edinburgh Council, Dundee City Council, Orkney Islands Council and Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations, in the design and delivery of professionally-relevant postgraduate programmes. I have been external examiner at Staffordshire University, Plymouth University and Teesside University.
Teaching and learning – key achievements
• 19 years teaching experience across 5 UK universities
• Teaching experience across over 30 different modules at UG, PG and Doctoral levels
• Module leadership experience across 11 modules
• Developed, validated and led 6 degree programmes including professional doctorate (DPA) and Master of Public Administration (MPA).
• Awarded Outstanding Reviewer in Emerald Publishing Literati Awards 2020 for continued support of Journal of Health Organization and Management.
• Nominated Student Led Teaching Award 2020: “Dr Elliott has an authentic leadership style and has been unfailingly positive and pragmatic. I feel he cares about his responsibilities towards us and I certainly have felt not only important but valued as a student”.
• Awarded STaR Teaching Award for Innovative Teaching 2014
• External examining experience for degree programmes across 4 UK HEI’s
• Validation panel member for 6 programme validations including as Validation Panel Chair
• Examiner for 2 PhD and DPA students (2014 and 2020)
• Supervised over 30 Masters students to completion
• Supervised 5 doctoral students to completion